Organizations based in the EU that process personal data of EU-based individuals are almost always required to comply with the GDPR as of May 25, 2018. The GDPR updates and harmonises the framework for processing personal data in the European Union, introducing new obligations for organisations and new rights for individuals.
The MailinginfoUSA team is fully committed to the GDPR requirements. Our legal and policy experts have thoroughly examined the GDPR’s requirements and will continue to monitor new guidance on best practises for implementing the GDPR’s requirements. We took these new requirements seriously and made changes to our products, contracts, and policies to ensure that we are fully compliant with the GDPR. As of May 25, 2018, MailinginfoUSA services are GDPR compliant.
Worldwide Product Compliance
Many of our customers operate in multiple jurisdictions around the world. MailinginfoUSA has adopted GDPR requirements across our entire platform and supports it globally to ensure a consistent user experience. We believe that using uniform rules and programme logic will greatly improve our customers’ ability to comply with the GDPR’s requirements.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
We respect your privacy rights, so you can contact us at any time, and we will do our best to honour your preferences and requests regarding your Personal Information. The following list is provided to allow Users and Contacts to exercise their rights under applicable privacy and data protection laws:
- Right of Access: You have the right to request access to and a copy of your personal information that MailinginfoUSA is processing. If you want to know what personal information MailinginfoUSA is processing, we will provide you with the following information for free: the purposes of processing, the categories of personal information processed, the recipient(s) of personal information, the length of time the information will be stored, your privacy rights, and information on data transfers. Such requests must be made through our Privacy Team. Please include all necessary information.
- Right of Rectification: By contacting our Privacy Team with your relevant details, you can request that we change, update, or complete any missing data we process about you. Please keep in mind that we reserve the right to correct, update, or remove any incomplete or inaccurate information at any time and at our sole discretion.
- Right of Erasure: You can request that your personal information be deleted at any time. If there is no overriding legitimate interest in continuing to process your personal information in this case, we will delete your data. Such a request will be made by contacting our Privacy Team and providing us with the necessary information.
- Right of Restriction of Processing: If you dispute the accuracy of the Personal Information, you may request that we restrict processing of your personal information. Please contact our Privacy Team and provide all relevant information to make such a request.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to have your personal information delivered to you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. Please contact our Privacy Team with all relevant information to make such a request.
- Right to object to processing Data: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. Such a request will be made by contacting our Privacy Team and providing your relevant information.
Please keep in mind, however, that these rights are not absolute and may be limited by our legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you are dissatisfied with our response or believe we are collecting or processing your Personal Information in violation of the law, you may file a complaint with the relevant data protection authority.
1.Our Data Compilation Procedure
1.1. MailinginfoUSA’s user information includes a variety of data elements for businesses and consumers. The information is obtained from reliable sources (Sec. 1.2), and we take great care to verify and maintain the accuracy of the information through specific quality control procedures.
1.2.We obtain our Business to Business Marketing database from reputable sources such as:
- Government records
- B2B Directories
- Annual Reports, SEC Filings
- Newspaper Subscription Offers
- Sign-up data from email Campaigns
- Business tradeshow attendee lists
- Public Record Information
- Registration process for subscription sites
- Community postings
- Nationwide utility transaction reports
- Transactional data
- Phone surveys with every business
- Web-based Registrations and/or offers
- Business trade magazine subscription offers
1.3 We also collect information through our website and other branded websites, where we act as an agent to collect data for some of our partners from time to time. Visitors must enter personal information such as their name, official email addresses, and phone number(s) when filling out subscription or information request forms. This is done so that we can better serve our clients and visitors at their leisure.
1.4 We use the information we collect to create demographic profiles of our subscribers, clients, and visitors in order to improve the content of our website and email alerts.
2.Disclosure and/or Sharing of User Data
2.1. MailinginfoUSA retains complete ownership of the information collected on this domain and its subsidiaries (https://www.mailinginfousa.com/). The information is gathered from reputable sources (Sec. 1.2) and from various points within the domain and its sub-domains. We will not sell, share, or rent the aforementioned data to third-party vendor(s) in any way other than that disclosed below:
- We have a reasonable need to offer our services.
- When the user has given us permission to use their data for this purpose
- When we are legally obliged to do so
Sections 2.2 and 2.3 discuss the above conditions in detail.
2.2. Usage of Personal Data
2.2.1. We lawfully process subject data for the sole purpose of pursuing our “legitimate interests.” The following is a comprehensive but not exhaustive list of the “legitimate interests” in which we operate:
- Enhancement of our Services through the provision of easily accessible and usable technologies that allow our clients to more confidently execute their business objectives.
- When prior consent is sought from and given by subjects through the same channel of communication, and the goal of such communication is to comply with clause a).
- Where processing is required to comply with our legal obligations, as well as when regulatory authorities request it.
2.2.2 The data and content provided or made available to us by users across our various Services are used in the collection, compilation, and collation of data of respective subjects. Subject data is also used in research and development programmes to improve user experiences across our digital spectrum, as well as for overall Service improvement.
2.2.3. We notify subjects about the use of their data in writing, via emails, and/or other media as available (SMS, push notifications, and so on) and as agreed upon by both parties. Our communications may also include the following:
- Service Messages: used to acknowledge ongoing and completed transactions and interactions. Examples include welcome messages, meeting schedules, and so on. We do not provide opt-out options for service messages because we are required by law to send them.
- Marketing Communications: either on our own or on behalf of known third parties. Such communications may be sent to subjects who have indicated an interest in receiving them – even if they do not have an account with us. Each of our marketing communications includes an opt-out option at the bottom of the message in case subjects want to stop receiving similar emails in the future.
- We also conduct feedback surveys on a regular basis in order to improve our users’ marketing experiences.
2.2.4 We do not use personal information to make automated decisions about subjects.
2.3. Sharing of Personal Data
2.3.1. We share subject data with:
- Affiliates (legal entities controlled by us, controlling us, or sharing a common authority of control with us) to properly deliver our Services within reasonable limits.
- Selected Third Parties, such as business partners, vendors/suppliers, and subcontractors, for the performance of the contract we have with them.
- Analytics and search engine providers who help us improve our digital presence on a regular basis.
2.3.2. In exceptional circumstances, we may also disclose your data to other third parties. Such circumstances may include, but are not limited to:
- Selling or acquiring business assets
- Third-party acquisition of a business (where data can be treated as transferred asset)
2.3.3. In the case of third-party processing of subject data, we ensure maximum contractual and operational safeguards.
2.4. Subject Rights for Data Security, Accuracy & Retention
2.4.1 Subjects may, in accordance with applicable data privacy regulations,:
- Request access to their data, as well as a machine-readable copy of the same.
- Request for the same to be updated, rectified, deleted, or blocked
- Request to abstain from using the said data
- Revoke their consent to process their data (for consent-based processing)
MailinginfoUSA will keep personal information for as long as it is required to provide our services, as well as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined by considering the type of information collected and the purpose for which it was collected, as well as the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information as soon as possible.
As stated above, you have the right to request that your personal data be deleted. Please be advised: If your information is completely removed from the MailinginfoUSA Database, it may be recovered in the future if it is collected through public platforms or our business partners. In this case, because we honoured your deletion request, we will no longer have records pertaining to your contact data, and your contact information may be reintroduced into the MailinginfoUSA Database. We recommend that you check your profile or the Services on a regular basis to ensure that your then-existing profile or account contains only the Information you chose to display.
Legal Basis for processing
The most common misconception about the GDPR is that consent is the ONLY way to lawfully process personal information pertaining to EU data subjects. While consent is one basis for lawful processing, it is not the only one.
MailinginfoUSA’s legal basis for processing is its legitimate interest in providing its services to its users, empowering them to fight fraud online, and verifying and authenticating online identities.
The Categories of Recipients of The Personal Data
We may share personal information with companies and individuals who subscribe to our service in order to provide our service. We may also share personal information with the following parties: I our subsidiaries; (ii) subcontractors and other third-party service providers (e.g. payment processors, advertisers and marketers, hosting services, etc.); (iii) auditors or advisers of our business processes; and (iv) any potential purchasers or investors in MailinginfoUSA.
Transfer of Data to a Third Country
We only transfer personal data outside the EU or EEA in accordance with the legal mechanisms outlined in the GDPR (for example, the Privacy Shield or to territories which have been deemed by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection).